10 Recipes to Start Your Keto Diet Plan
If you're just getting started on a Keto diet plan, check out these 10 delicious recipes. It's time to access your optimal health and feel great doing it!
If you're like most people, you're probably trying to clean up your diet and lose a few pounds now that the holidays are over.
A ketogenic diet is a great option for people looking to lose weight, feel more energized, and just improve their health overall.
If you're interested in trying a ketogenic, or keto, diet but aren't sure how to start, keeping reading.
We're sharing 10 delicious recipes that will simplify your keto diet plan.
What is the Keto Diet?
First, let's briefly go over what the keto diet is.
In a nutshell, it's a low-carb, high-fat diet that puts the body into a metabolic state called ketosis. This means that, instead of using carbohydrates for energy, your body begins to rely on fat.
The standard keto diet plan requires you to get 75 percent of your calories from fat, 20 percent from protein, and 5 percent from carbohydrates.
Now, let's get into the recipes!
1. Bacon and Mushroom Breakfast Casserole
This casserole is easy to prep ahead so you have a delicious breakfast for the whole week!
- 6 ounces of mushrooms
- 10 ounces of bacon
- 2 ounces of butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut mushrooms into quarters and dice the bacon
- Fry bacon and mushrooms in butter in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Once they're golden brown, season them with salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer bacon and mushrooms to a greased baking dish
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and season with more salt and pepper
- Pour over bacon and mushrooms
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
If you want to add more color to this recipe, you can always mix in spinach, kale, or other vegetables.
2. Pancakes with Berries and Whipped Cream
These pancakes are another great make-ahead option. They even taste good cold!
- 4 eggs
- 7 ounces of cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 ounces of butter or coconut oil
- Mix eggs, cottage cheese, and psyllium husk powder in a bowl
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes
- Heat butter or oil in a frying pan
- Fry pancakes on medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side
- Flip carefully, then transfer to a plate
Serve with fresh berries and heavy whipping cream.
3. Keto Everything Bagels
That's right, you can even make bagels a part of your keto diet plan!
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and use parchment paper to line a baking sheet
- Combine almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder, and Italian seasoning
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and whisk with a fork (this will be the egg wash for the bagels)
- In another bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese
- Microwave for one-and-a-half minutes. Remove from microwave and stir, then microwave for one more minute. Mix again to combine.
- Add the remaining 2 eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix thoroughly, microwaving if dough gets stringy while stirring
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions
- Roll each portion into a ball, then press your finger in the center to form a bagel shape.
- Brush each bagel with the egg wash, then top with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Bake for 12-14 minutes on the middle rack
Serve with cream cheese, butter, or use the bagels as the bread for a breakfast sandwich.
4. Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Use cauliflower instead of traditional pasta for a cheesy, guilt-free meal.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of kefir
- 1/2 cup pureed cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Butter or ghee
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease an 8x8 pan with butter or ghee
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil
- Add the cauliflower and cook for about five minutes or until it's slightly tender
- Drain cauliflower, pat it dry with paper towels, then spread it in the prepared pan
- Mix kefir, cottage cheese, and mustard in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Once cheese begins to melt, pour over cauliflower and mix together
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
If desired, top with more cheese before serving.
5. Chicken Pad Thai
You'll love this low-carb pad Thai so much you'll totally forget about takeout!
- 1/8 teaspoon each of ground ginger, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 spiralized zucchinis
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 lime
- Mix the ginger, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl
- Add chicken and toss until fully coated
- Heat peanut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat
- Add chicken tenders and cook for about 3 minutes
- Cut chicken into 1/4 -inch-thick slices and set aside
- Scramble eggs in the skillet for about 1 minute, then remove and set them aside
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add chicken broth, tamari, peanut butter, tamari, scallions, vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring well
- Add chicken, zucchini noodles, sprouts, and eggs to the skillet
- Toss everything together and cook for 1 additional minute
Garnish with peanuts and lime wedges before serving.
6. Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce
This classic dinner favorite gets an upgrade (while staying keto-friendly) with a savory dijon sauce.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 1-inch-thick pork chops with all visible fat removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and chives
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat
- Season pork with salt and pepper
- Raise heat in the skillet to medium and add chops, saute for 7 minutes
- Turn over and cook for another 7-8 minutes
- Remove and set aside in a warm spot
- Add onion to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes or until soft
- Add broth and boil for 2-3 minutes, until it's reduced to 1/2 cup
- Stir in mustard, herbs, and pepper
Serve the pork chops on a platter and top with the sauce.
7. Pizza Dough
Pizza's not off-limits, either! Use this cheesy crust as the base for all your favorite pizzas.
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add cream cheese and mozzarella to a small bowl
- Microwave on high for 20 seconds at a time until melted
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing as well as you can
- Spread dough in a 1/2-inch thick circle on a greased pizza pan
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
Top with pizza toppings of choice.
8. Low Carb Chips
These chips make a great snack or appetizer.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp each of chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin
- 1/4 tsp each of sea salt and paprika
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix almond flour and spices in a large bowl
- Add egg and mix with a hand mixer until crumbly dough forms
- Microwave mozzarella in a small bowl
- Add to the dough mixture and knead with hands until it's mixed (reheat for 15-20 seconds if dough becomes too hard to mix)
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin until it's about 1/16 of an inch thick
- Cut into triangles and arrange on baking sheet
- Bake for 8-12 minutes
- Pat the chips dry with a paper towel if there's oil on top
Serve with salsa or guacamole, or make the chips into nachos!
9. Avocado Deviled Eggs
This is another great party food. You can also make them ahead to snack on throughout the week!
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon each of sea salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Boil eggs, then submerge in ice water for five minutes to chill
- Remove eggs shells and slice them in half lengthwise, removing the yolk
- Mix yolks, avocado, and spices in a bowl
- Add the mixture to the egg halves
Drizzle lime juice over the eggs, top with cilantro, and serve.
10. Chocolate Fat Bombs
If you're in need of a quick fat source, these chocolate treats will get the job done.
- 4.4 ounces cream cheese
- 4.4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon of your favorite sweetener
- Let cream cheese and butter soften at room temperature
- Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric whisk, then add cocoa powder and sweetener, beating until smooth
- Divide mixture into a muffin tin
- Let chill in the fridge
Be sure to store these bombs in the fridge so they stay firm.
Need More Help With Your Keto Diet Plan?
These recipes will help you stay on track with your keto diet plan.
If you need some extra help, though, we offer a variety of supplements that help your body get into ketosis faster. Check them out and add them to your diet today.
Have questions about our products, or anything else related to the ketogenic diet? Don't hesitate to contact us. We can't wait to assist you!