Can you have supplements when you are on a low-carb diet? Although you can get what your body needs by eating the right type of foods, you can still eat some supplements to reap additional benefits. In fact, quality supplements can help you make your life easier on the keto diet.
Ketosis may not be healthy for you. Are you surprised?
Ketosis itself is not healthy for your body. Anyone can easily trigger ketosis by consuming a few cubes of cheese on a regular basis. This type of ketosis is not healthy. Actually, ketosis can only be healthy if you opt for only high-quality macros as well as macronutrients.
It can be hard for you to get enough nutrients while trying to consume the right amount of macronutrients. That’s where the role of supplements come in. Make sure you understand supplements before you consume them.
Why You Need Supplements on Keto
What makes the keto diet different from other low-carb diets is that it makes changes to how your body functions. Below are the points that explain it further.
- By default, you get energy from carbs
- When you go on a low-carb diet, you change the energy source.
- You opt for a different source of energy.
- You kick-start the ketogenesis process. Your liver converts fats into ketones, which become the alternative source of energy for your body.
- So, your body gets all its energy from the fat instead of carbs.
This is not a small change. So you will take a while to get used to the changes. With supplements, you can get through the changes more easily. Although you don’t have to consume supplements on a keto diet, they can help you:
- Ease the symptoms of the keto flu. You may catch the flu because of a lack of minerals and vitamins during the first few weeks of the diet change.
- Cover any nutritional deficiency caused by the keto diet.
- Help you get the most out of your keto diets, such as improved energy levels, quicker fat loss, and weight loss.
With keto supplements, you can definitely get the most out of your ketogenic diet over the long haul.