A Step by Step Keto Diet Plan Guide for Beginners
A keto diet or a ketogenic diet a high-fat and very low-carbohydrate diet which transform your body into a fat-burning machine. It provides so many benefits in improving performance, weight loss, and overall health but also has some side-effects if not used properly.
A ketogenic diet is designed to result in ketosis (a stage when your body starts using fat for energy). Are you new to the keto diet? Here is a keto diet for beginners and know how to utilize it to reach your personal goals. This is a step-by-step guide, have a look, and get started with your weight reducing journey. Let’s have a look into keto for beginners:
Know your body: This is the first and foremost thing you should do before starting the keto diet plan. Analyze your current body status by weighing and measuring yourself. The stats you need to know are your height, weight, calf, wrist, thigh, hips, and forearm. Note down all these points and set your goals accordingly.
Another thing you should know is a little knowledge about keto diet. Know the benefits of keto diet for beginners. You can browse the internet for this or can ask someone who is following it already. Use a keto diet calculator to analyze a change in your overall body as you start following a keto diet.
- What to eat on a ketogenic diet
Here are the healthy foods you can enjoy on a ketogenic diet. Avoid eating carbohydrates as much as you can. Take fewer carbs for more effectiveness. Foods like meat, cheese, avocados, olive oil, butter, low-carb vegetables are known as keto friendly foods.
Also drinks like water, unsweetened tea and coffee are known as keto drinks. Try to ignore foods like potatoes, donut, candy, beer, and others. There are several keto diet recipes available; check out all of them, and pick your favorites.
- Benefits of the keto diet plan
Your keto diet plan provides same benefits like your low-carbohydrate diet. Here are some benefits:
- Reduce weight: Keto diet turns your body into a fat-burning machine and helps in reducing weight. Also, it promotes insulin level, drops the levels of fat-storing hormone and decreases hunger level.
- Reverse type 2 diabetes: As keto diet decreases blood-sugar levels so it is an excellent option for reversing type 2 diabetes.
- Increase physical endurance: By offering constant energy, keto diet also helps you in boosting your physical endurance.
- Improve mental focus: Keto diet results in a regular flow of ketones to your brain. And finally, results in enhanced concentration and improved mental focus.
- Other benefits: There are some other benefits which are surprising and life-changing for some people. Benefits including less heartburn, less acne, treat brain cancer, fewer migraine attacks, and others are amazing benefits of ketosis.
- How to measure you’re in ketosis
You can measure it by testing blood, urine, and breathe samples. But, here are some symptoms which require no testing:
- Frequent urination
- Improved thirst and dry mouth
- Increased energy
This is a simple guide on a keto diet for beginners. Hopefully, this blog will be quite helpful to you to get started with your keto diet plan. Get started and enjoy healthy benefits!